Dan is NZ Operations Manager at HSE Global. Dan gained chartered membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health in 2009, holds a degree in international communication, diplomas in health and safety and environmental management, and is working towards a master’s degree in health and safety at Victoria University of Wellington. He is an accredited SafePlus Assessor and has experience in leading investigations into fatal incidents as well as assisting clients with regulatory enforcement action. Dan co-developed and was lead tutor for new Zealand’s first NEBOSH International Diploma program, which produced the highest performing student globally in 2017. He is also a competency assessor for the Health and Safety Association of New Zealand (HASANZ) and was invited to speak at the HASANZ conference in 2018. In 2019 Dan was recognised as a global ’40 under 40’ influencer and innovator by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management.
Some of Dan’s recent work experience includes:
- Governance and critical risk reviews of Ports including Napier and Taranaki
- Major capital project H&S performance and assurance review for the HEB 6-Wharf build
- All of organisation review and improvement projects in the viticulture and horticulture industries
- Specialist advisor for leadership and councillors at local government level
- Risk profiling and critical control assurance in the agricultural sector
Dan has also designed many bespoke training and workshop packages for clients, including safety leadership from executive to operational level, incident investigation, auditing, critical risk management, bow-tie methodology, learning teams, contractor management and human performance, among others.